Soil to Soil Market is a nationwide multi-vendor ecommerce market. It will enable customers to discover Fibershed-verified, non-greenwashed goods that are local to them, wherever they may be. When it comes to handmade goods that can't scale in terms of manufacturing or mass production, that scale needs to come from a handmade, grassroots approach. Customers can search Soil to Soil Market by: Vendor, Vendor Fibershed affiliation (region), and category.
Soil to Soil Market removes the barrier of producers running their own ecommerce website, provides marketing and customer support, and has the ability to scale in a way that will increase long-term viability. For producers who already have their own ecommerce site, the market will be supplemental to that. And most important is the ability of consumers to find VERIFIED goods all in one place.
There are no membership or listing fees for producers. The market charges a 15% commission on all sales. One percent of all sales is donated back to Fibershed.
Soil to Soil Market is the sustainable response to the Amazons and Walmarts of the world. Consumers can find a wide variety of goods – created locally and with Fibershed values.
Membership requirements are that producers follow all Fibershed Certification Guidelines and be a member of their local Fibershed.
To uphold the integrity of our Fibershed, any and all goods that are listed on Soil to Soil Market platform must follow these guidelines:
- All fiber and hides are farmed/harvested within each producers individual Fibershed affiliations stated location or radius.
- All botanic dye is farmed/harvested within each producers individual Fibershed affiliations stated location or radius.
- All tallow, essential oils, hydrosols, and supplementary oils/fats used in goat milk, beeswax, balm, candles, lotions, and body care products are farmed/harvested within the designated Fibershed affiliations region.
- No item, nor any of its constituent parts, may be genetically modified or contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- No item, nor any of its constituent parts, may be a manufactured biosynthetic.
- No item, nor any of its constituent parts, may be superwashed.
- All labor is sourced within the U.S.